DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

last outstanding releases ?

Go down 
+9
Ordre et Maïs
Nuclear Holocausto
Dead Man
Neve
perosus
soldats inconnus
Haunting Chant
Szatan
Mr Nuke
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

last outstanding releases ? Empty
PostSubject: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 22 May - 19:30

just curious about the last great albums/demos you've listened to in 2006/2007...?
I don't speak here about above-the-average (NS/orthodox/retro-thrash/blah...) releases, but about original stuff - I'm so tired to hear 1 really interesting release out of 1000
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Rang: Administrateur
Mr Nuke

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2005-04-27

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 22 May - 19:44

ARES KINGDOM's Return to Dust and PAGAN ALTAR's Mythical and Magical. i didn't heard anything half as good these in 2006/2007.

Another noticeable great thing is the VESTAL CLARET part on their split with ATLANTEAN CODEX. If you like occult Heavy-Metal, this band is for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 22 May - 20:01

ok
I listened to the ARES KINGDOM Firestorm Redemption EP when it came out - entertaining release, but not really outstanding in my opinion - it won't interest me that much if the album is in the same vein
PAGAN ALTAR album should interest me, I'll check this out

Quote :
If you like occult Heavy-Metal

hmm, not a huge fan - hehe

in fact the last excellent release I've heard was the Sojourns...album from Morbius (released last year - even if recorded almost a decade ago) - there's a lack of production on some parts of the album, but this is far from all derivative stuff I've heard so often these last years
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 22 May - 20:08

That MORBIUS album is excellent for sure. It's a shame that it doesn't sell a lot while some pieces of trash are sold-out in weeks.
This album reminds me these of bands like THE CHASM, which isn't the worst comparison one can have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 23 May - 22:17

Darvulia - L'Alliance des Venins
Back to top Go down
Haunting Chant
Kommander

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2005-05-02

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 23 May - 22:37

Well, original and good in 2006/7 that's quite hard...

I've heard some really nice stuff, but I won't say it is outstanding.

I have to say that I liked the last Katharsis full length a lot, reminds me of SVEST - Urfaust, as for the atmosphere.

Some good stuff too (yet not outstanding)

Proclamation - Advent of the black omen
Bestial Holocaust - Final Exterminacion
Archgoat - Whore of Betlehem (their best material IMO)

Yet I have still to check the last Woods of Infinity and Lugubrum full length too, so maybe they'll fit in my list later...
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyThu 24 May - 21:15

How is the latest Katharsis compared to the 2 former albums?
Back to top Go down
Haunting Chant
Kommander

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2005-05-02

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyThu 24 May - 21:34

I've not listened to Kruzifixxion but I've prefered last katharsis full length to 666.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyThu 24 May - 21:43

I found the new katharsis to be very strong. Alas I have not heard Kruzifixxion, but i found it far greater than 666. World without end (or VVorldVVithoutEnd to be more kvlt), is a brilliant album.
Back to top Go down
soldats inconnus
Drakkar Gestapo
soldats inconnus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2005-04-30

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyFri 25 May - 19:02

FORTERESSE - Metal Noir Québécois
SACRIFICIA MORTUORUM - Maturum Est
ALCEST - Le Secret
DRUDKH - Blood on our Wells
CELTIC FROST - Monotheist
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyFri 25 May - 21:38

I found Forteresse uninteresting, useless Akitsa rip-off.
Back to top Go down
soldats inconnus
Drakkar Gestapo
soldats inconnus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2005-04-30

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyFri 25 May - 23:52

Quote :
I found Forteresse uninteresting, useless Akitsa rip-off.
I do not agree, AKITSA plays a music much more tortuous and Raw, FORTERESSE has a rather clear sound and the ryhtme is much faster than AKITSA.

DARKTHRONE is a CELTIC FROST rip off ?
(Old) BATHORY is a MOTORHEAD rip off ?
I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptySat 26 May - 21:56

soldats inconnus wrote:

DARKTHRONE is a CELTIC FROST rip off ?
(Old) BATHORY is a MOTORHEAD rip off ?
I don't think.

Partly yes, but they're both much more talented than Forteresse.
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyMon 28 May - 9:26

DHG - Supervillain Outcast... genius. It's the only thing I'd really consider as such in the last handful of years.
Back to top Go down
http://vrolok.luxferous.com

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyMon 4 Jun - 8:55

Probably a lot will disagree, but the last REALLY outstanding stuff I've heard was Natchtmaystium's "Instinct: Decay". Other two recent masterpieces, in my opinion, are Inquistion "Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer" and Woods of Infinity "Ljuset", but they both came out before 2006/2007.
Back to top Go down
Neve
Officer
Neve

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2006-06-16

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyMon 4 Jun - 11:13

diego wrote:
Probably a lot will disagree, but the last REALLY outstanding stuff I've heard was Natchtmaystium's "Instinct: Decay". Other two recent masterpieces, in my opinion, are Inquistion "Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer" and Woods of Infinity "Ljuset", but they both came out before 2006/2007.

I agree with you about this three... And also like a lot the last Inquisition, "Nefarious Dismal Oration"...
On other hand, the last Denial Of God "The Horrors Of Satan" is a fucking great album...
Back to top Go down
http://wikimetal.info
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 5 Jun - 22:53

No one's into the new DHG? I realize it's not "BM" in the truest sense, but come on! It's magnificent IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dead Man
Soldier
Dead Man

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2006-03-22

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyTue 5 Jun - 23:59

Not really. I was very impatient to listen this new opus of DHG, but i was very disappointed.
More conventionnal stuff in comparison with 666 I., not as crazy.
I hope to appreciate it more in the future.

This year, I have liked a lot the Negura Bunget's OM : originality, technicity, melodies, complex structures, atmospheres : one of the best metal band today for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 6 Jun - 2:21

my opinion on the last DHG = boring --- but anyway, the only work from this band I like is 666 International, even if a half of the album is quite useless ... the first albums were extremely conventional

agree about Woods of Infinity, unique band - spontaneous works, though somehow disorganized
about Nachtmystium/Denial of God/Inquisition...OK stuff but not outstanding in any way

personally, I don't mind if it's "BM" or not
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 6 Jun - 13:47

Raaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, the first DHG album is so great, with a really nocturnal atmosphere you don't find often in Black-Metal.

BTW, NACHTMYSTIUM has maybe done a good album, since the Eulogy IV MCD was way better than their self-titled debut (which was basically a JUDAS ISCARIOT rip-off).

About INQUISITION, well, they're a great live band, but their third album was so boring that I sold it and I don't even consider buying the new one. That's bad because the two first albums were great.

About NEGURA BUNGET's Om, it's a good album, better than the Inarborat Kosmos MCD, yet I think that they have lost some of their sound and riffs that made them original. So my opinion is so-so on their releases since this MCD.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2005-08-03

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 6 Jun - 14:57

Judging the outfit and extras, not the music of the releases in 06/07, Impiety's Live Album on HMSS, Japan is maybe the most dedicated and worthy gem. It's just overwhelming!!

I need to hear the last Pagan Altar Album. The Debut impressed me really a lot!!
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyWed 6 Jun - 23:17

Negura Bunget disappointed me on everything after the first album.
Nachtmystium I was never able to get into, try as I may.
Inquisition has recorded the same riffs over and over, at least in sound. He has an amazing guitar sound and voice, but that only carries material so far.
Denial of God is underrated, but I don't see much that is special about them enough to call anything "great". Although they get played here quite a bit sometimes.

The "problem" with me making any mention of the "new" BM bands is that I don't listen to any, as it's so fucking polluted. It has been for years, but ever since black metal was put to MySpace it seems to have doubled. Plus rich, jobless little fuckheads have daddy buy them all their equipment and a van or seven and so then it's not a problem to go around playing rehashed riffs from bands who rehashed them to begin with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyThu 7 Jun - 19:53

In my opinion :
- Darvulia : "L'alliance des venins" 2006
- Forgotten Winter : "Cold Mysteries And A Black River Lighted By Candles" 2006
- Wolven Ancestry : "The wrath of Gaia" 2006
- Sycronomica : "Gate" 2006
And many others...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyMon 25 Jun - 19:30

Quote :
- Darvulia : "L'alliance des venins" 2006

a stepback, in my opinion
I used to like this band, but these new songs are not so great than the ones on the demos + the precedent album
although, the production on this album is excellent - raw and comprehensible

at the moment, cannot wait for La Solution Finale vinyl version
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? EmptyMon 25 Jun - 19:43

Innominandum wrote:
at the moment, cannot wait for La Solution Finale vinyl version
I hope it will be a double gatefold coloured LP with a 500-sheet booklet full of KZ photos and Einsatzgruppen memorabilia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: last outstanding releases ?   last outstanding releases ? Empty

Back to top Go down

last outstanding releases ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next