DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music expansion

Go down 
+3
perosus
Dead Man
Noktu
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyThu 24 May - 19:04

Hey,

I have recently got some cash, and I am getting interested in buying some Cd's/LP's/tapes, and possibly later on some merchandise, for myself.

My problem is that though I am very happy with the bands I know, i am interested in discovering new bands, but these days I'm finding myself a bit picky with what I really want.

My favorite bands at the time are
Mortifera
Peste noire (though not the new tracks on their rehearsal LP)
Moonblood
Urfaust
Celestia
Amesoeurs

I think you may get the idea from the bands Ive mentioned what sort of BM that at the moment I'm primarily into. Though I wish to find more bands of a similar style to enjoy.

So can anyone recommend me some bands to check out?
Though id prefer to avoid NS music, I'll happily listen to it, but i refuse to buy such work.

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Noktu
Rang: Administrateur
Noktu

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2005-04-25

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyFri 25 May - 12:10

Try Vrolok, you shouldn't be upset.

Otherwise,

Xasthur, Interfektor, Imago Mortis and Melencolia estatica should be also good options.
Back to top Go down
http://www.drakkar666.com
Dead Man
Soldier
Dead Man

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2006-03-22

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyFri 25 May - 22:49

I can advice you the first album of Circle Of Ouroborus ,"Shores" (but only this one, the others are not very good) : black metal with clean vocals and punk/rock influences sometimes but with great melodies and atmospheres. If you like Urfaust may be you will like this one even if it is different.

and try too Forgotten Woods if you don't know
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyMon 28 May - 9:38

Sombre Chemin, some Mutiilation (I'd assume you know this one, though).
Back to top Go down
http://vrolok.luxferous.com
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2005-08-03

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyMon 28 May - 14:33

Maniac Butcher (Cze) - especially Barbarians, Lucan-Antikrist, Krvestreb, Cerna Krev...supreme Black Metal!!!
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 3:01

I gave vrolok a try, of what I head I found there music quite unusual, and quite interesting to say the least. But I have heard a great deal of very positive comments about the new album, so I'm hoping to buy that and check it out.

Ill check out that circle album when I can. Ive listened to some of the later stuff, and I wasn't much of a fan, Just the vocals really killed it for me. But you said its different so Ill give it a go.

Mutiilation - Good as always, I love the "destroy your life for Satan demo", though it would be nice to one day own the original demo, If it wasn't so kvlt and expensive. Sombre chemin Ive heard a bit of, and it wasn't so much my thing.

Maniac butcher - Ive only heard "Sangue Negro", which I didn't think a great deal of, but you recommended a lot of other albums, so like with the rest of this stuff, ill check some samples, and ill i like it, ill try to get some copies.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 3:35

ten_ben wrote:

Maniac butcher - Ive only heard "Sangue Negro", which I didn't think a great deal of, but you recommended a lot of other albums, so like with the rest of this stuff, ill check some samples, and ill i like it, ill try to get some copies.

Are you new to Black Metal genre may I ask?

"Sangue Nero" actually is "Cerna Krev", it's an italian rerelease on LP (they changed the title into italian language, by the way an extremely good rerelease). But Cerna Krev grows on many listenings, I didn't like it so much at first too.

Cerna Krev actually is nothing against the great 3 first albums : Barbarians, Lucan-Antikrist, Krvestreb. Take a listen.

Some unfortunately unknown but still extremely good bands are Spite Extreme Wing and Malvento, whose demos/albums can be found at a decent price on ebay and lists. Really good stuff that deserves more attention!!
If you order on Drakkar sometimes, take the Spite Extreme Wing demo 2000 and Malvento "Ignis Bellum Mors" if they're still there.

Vothana is a really good band with a more epic/melancholic raw Black Metal (should fit to your Moonblood liking), though the demos are quite hard to find because of extreme limitations.

If you like extreme Black/Death (I don't know?), you should try Grabschänder from my near in Germany. Really extreme and filthy stuff. I'm going to get some of their best demo "Masturbation of the Undead" I could sell. This demo, though very limited (99), is the easiest to get. All other have limitations between 8-55 and some are impossible to find...
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 14:19

New to black metal, Not really. Ive been into it for a while, and have a Relatively extensive list of bands and understanding. But im only 16 (just had my birthday aswell), and with everyone else my age still listening to Lamb of God and Children Of Bodom, discovering more stuff can be quite hard. Plus recently ive been getting very bored of some of my black metal, as so much of it is just repetitive noise. So I need to expand to find some newer stuff.

I couldnt find much on Vothana, nor Grabschänder (but then I have issues with some death metal, so thatts not to bad.
I also found a malevento album, but i couldnt find any samoles anywhere, but I did find spite extreme wing samples, and I foudn them quite impressive, so when i next order from drakkar at somepoint, i will try to get the S.E.W demo and the Malvento demo, if there still there. Or just find stuff where I can.
Back to top Go down
Ordre et Maïs
Drakkar Gestapo

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2005-09-21

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 14:43

ten_ben wrote:
New to black metal, Not really. Ive been into it for a while, and have a Relatively extensive list of bands and understanding. But im only 16 (just had my birthday aswell),

that's antithetic. Where comes from your "relatively extensive list of bands" ? p2p ?
You're new to Black Metal and to Metal culture, you're only 16. Don't be ashamed of being young. Assume it.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 15:04

I'm not so long into it, too. Everyone had to start with it at some point.

Well, for the Grabschänder Demo, I said i'll become some Inlays and the Master CD, so I could make a copy for you.

EDIT: For the Vothana Demos, I found no.3 on Deathrash Armageddon, Japan (http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~dthrash/engframe.html), ask him if he still got one if you're interested. Also Battle Hymn Records (http://www.battlehymnrecords.com/catalog.html) still has no.4, which is slightly worse than no.3 but still a very good demo.
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 16:50

Nuclear Holocausto wrote:
I'm not so long into it, too. Everyone had to start with it at some point.

Well, for the Grabschänder Demo, I said i'll become some Inlays and the Master CD, so I could make a copy for you.

EDIT: For the Vothana Demos, I found no.3 on Deathrash Armageddon, Japan (http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~dthrash/engframe.html), ask him if he still got one if you're interested. Also Battle Hymn Records (http://www.battlehymnrecords.com/catalog.html) still has no.4, which is slightly worse than no.3 but still a very good demo.

I had a look at those sites with the vothana demos. I will probably get the demo no.4 as Im just a bit wary of buying from Japan, due to the incredible amount of time it can take to deliver. Plus that american site looks preety good, I may get it with a few other things from that site, as its cheap and has a not too bad range.

Im definately up for a copy of that demo, aslong as its not too much hassle for you.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyTue 29 May - 17:07

I got that tape from Japan in one week. No big deal, it was 6$ incl. postage.

When I got the stuff I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
sub-human

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2005-05-27

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyWed 30 May - 15:38

ten_ben wrote:

Though id prefer to avoid NS music, I'll happily listen to it, but i refuse to buy such work.

Really ? How astonishing is this !!

http://www.aj6.org/modules.php?file=profile&mode=viewprofile&name=Forums&u=152
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptyWed 30 May - 16:03

616 wrote:
ten_ben wrote:

Really ? How astonishing is this !!

http://www.aj6.org/modules.php?file=profile&mode=viewprofile&name=Forums&u=152

Well congratulations on that.

Japan in one week, that's pretty fast! ok, when I get round to that ill sort that out. Its not adressed on his site though, but im guessing its in the japanese section of the distro?
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptySat 2 Jun - 10:16

some suggestions:

woods of infinity
lifelover
goat vengeance
taarma
aglare light
elysian blaze
animus mortis
lurker of chalice
ars diavoli
deviate ladies (demo stuff)
serpent rise (1st demo)
arkha sva
ashdautas
blood red fog
mystifier
mythological cold towers (early stuff)
inquisition
urfaust
Back to top Go down
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Officer

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2005-04-27

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptySat 2 Jun - 20:15

DER STÜRMER, SUNWHEEL, SOMBRE CHEMIN, CAPRICORNUS, AKITSA, EVIL, BRANIKALD, CRUX DISSIMULATA are all good bands.
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptySat 2 Jun - 20:31

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ wrote:
DER STÜRMER, SUNWHEEL, SOMBRE CHEMIN, CAPRICORNUS, AKITSA, EVIL, BRANIKALD, CRUX DISSIMULATA are all good bands.

Hahaha, wel, thankyou very much for those suggestions.
Though on a more serious note, Iwas never a fan of Der Sturmer or Sombre chemin. Ill check some of the others when i get the time, as I may aswell but are they much different?
Back to top Go down

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion EmptySat 2 Jun - 20:32

diego wrote:
some suggestions:

woods of infinity
lifelover
goat vengeance
taarma
aglare light
elysian blaze
animus mortis
lurker of chalice
ars diavoli
deviate ladies (demo stuff)
serpent rise (1st demo)
arkha sva
ashdautas
blood red fog
mystifier
mythological cold towers (early stuff)
inquisition
urfaust

Thanks for these. I know a few of them, and i know there good, so ill definately check out the rest hopefully tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music expansion   Music expansion Empty

Back to top Go down

Music expansion
Page 1 of 1