DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW

Go down 
+7
Tiphareth
Kuratsu Naoko
Ebola
Scorn
perosus
iormungand t.
Noktu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noktu
Rang: Administrateur
Noktu

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2005-04-25

VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW Empty
PostSubject: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 24 Apr - 18:31

Any Opinions ?

Links to reviews ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.drakkar666.com
iormungand t.
Kommander
iormungand t.

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2005-11-10

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 24 Apr - 21:51

masterpiece again?
how can there be reviews since the album has been released just today ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 24 Apr - 23:33

I think the webzines/fanzines had the CDs before the release date ...
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 25 Apr - 9:17

Please forward reviews/comments to perosus@gmail.com, as well.
Back to top Go down
http://vrolok.luxferous.com
iormungand t.
Kommander
iormungand t.

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 25 Apr - 23:10

N., you should have sent one to me for a review both in webzines (guts of darkness french, diahableries english), and on the drakkar catalogue possibly...
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 25 Apr - 23:16

I don't think it was sent to any zines prior to being released.
Back to top Go down
iormungand t.
Kommander
iormungand t.

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyThu 26 Apr - 11:45

Yeah that's what I thought too, hence my reaction following N's question.
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Soldier

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyMon 30 Apr - 19:15

Is this from the same recording session as Soul Amputation was ? It sounds like it very well can be and it is recorded in 2005 I read..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyMon 30 Apr - 23:22

This album is amazing from what i have heard of it so far. I know that he (D.) put a lot of time and effort into it.... and also the drummer he got to do work on this album is superb. This album is a goddamn aural-gasm....and I highly recommend it! Hopefully pre-existing fans will find it to be the best yet, and those who have not heard Vrolok before will have a greater appreciation for black metal.
Back to top Go down
iormungand t.
Kommander
iormungand t.

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyMon 30 Apr - 23:54

Who's the drummer on the new album?
Back to top Go down
Noktu
Noktu

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 16:56

iormungand t. wrote:
masterpiece again?
how can there be reviews since the album has been released just today ?

I will be tempted to say that this album is a masterpiece, but coming from me will sound like publicity, that's why I am expecting reviews and opinions.

I was not expecting reviews 5 minutes I wrote this post. Promos cds are on the way.

Iormungand you can contact me via email and we'll send you promo cds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 18:13

From what I understand the fellow who is drumming is Icelandic.
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 19:33

Vista wrote:
From what I understand the fellow who is drumming is Icelandic.
"Kristján E Guðmundsson - Percussion (Myrk, Momentum, Potentiam)"
Of which Potentiam is related to the Icelandic band Sólstafir, which may be more known..
Back to top Go down
iormungand t.
Kommander
iormungand t.

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 21:56

Ok, from the sample on the drakkar radio, I would have sworn it was still Lurker handling the sticks.
Nice cover by the way.
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 22:12

Yeah, the drummer is Kristjan from Momentum, who should be working with me for quite some time, as his style fits this band's direction completely. We will record an EP early this summer and then begin work on the next album sometime around fall. I started writing for it a week ago.

Quote :
I would have sworn it was still Lurker handling the sticks.
Really? I'd say his playing is more "black metal styled" and not technical, which basically fit what we did on Soul Amputation/Interfektor and fits his other projects (at least the last I heard of them circa early 2004), but it wouldn't have worked for Void or what's planned from here on out.

Scorn wrote:
Is this from the same recording session as Soul Amputation was ? It sounds like it very well can be and it is recorded in 2005 I read..
No, actually. Soul Amputation was recorded mostly in 2004, some in 2003 (sections of Aetheri and the two bonus tracks). Some of the material for Void was written around that time, but not recorded.

The production is far superior on this one, which will be obvious when comparing it to Soul Amputation.

Speaking of Interfektor up above, there still exists one last tape... a session I started and abandoned in between the other two, which was called "Black Sorcery and Lust". When comparing it two the other two demos it sort of becomes the obvious middle-connection, combining the sound and production of both. The biggest reason it never saw a release was because it contained the song "Sin" which was on the other two tapes, and when the "BSaL" recordings were abandoned, the drum track from that version was used on the Fullmoon Antiquity version. Not to mention that by the time I found the 4-track cassette it was on (I assumed it'd been lost) the band was already broken up for a couple of months.

Anyways, "BSaL" was only ever recorded with drums/guitar, and we (Lurker and I) agreed to release it in some limited quantity a while back. I definitely want to add bass and vocals to it (maybe see if M. Noktu would like to do them when I visit this summer?), however, and then will have to get in touch with him to see what he thinks of it. I really should call him sometime, it's been ages... He has lots of projects going on now, I see!
Back to top Go down
Ebola
Dictator

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2005-04-27

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 1 May - 23:48

speaking about interfektor release this tape - the first demo is a fucking collection of insane tracks
an album in the same way of this first demo, dirty, unproduced and crazy should be great
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 2 May - 0:30

Ebola wrote:
speaking about interfektor release this tape - the first demo is a fucking collection of insane tracks
an album in the same way of this first demo, dirty, unproduced and crazy should be great

Thanks.
I'd revive it if I could find a suitable drummer for it. I still have those sort of riffs floating through my head all of the time with no place to put them. I always thought Interfektor would be a good live band, as well. Time will tell...

Last edited by on Wed 2 May - 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 2 May - 0:40

perosus wrote:

Scorn wrote:
No, actually. Soul Amputation was recorded mostly in 2004, some in 2003 (sections of Aetheri and the two bonus tracks). Some of the material for Void was written around that time, but not recorded.

The production is far superior on this one, which will be obvious when comparing it to Soul Amputation.

Speaking of Interfektor up above, there still exists one last tape... a session I started and abandoned in between the other two, which was called "Black Sorcery and Lust". When comparing it two the other two demos it sort of becomes the obvious middle-connection, combining the sound and production of both. The biggest reason it never saw a release was because it contained the song "Sin" which was on the other two tapes, and when the "BSaL" recordings were abandoned, the drum track from that version was used on the Fullmoon Antiquity version. Not to mention that by the time I found the 4-track cassette it was on (I assumed it'd been lost) the band was already broken up for a couple of months.

Anyways, "BSaL" was only ever recorded with drums/guitar, and we (Lurker and I) agreed to release it in some limited quantity a while back. I definitely want to add bass and vocals to it (maybe see if M. Noktu would like to do them when I visit this summer?), however, and then will have to get in touch with him to see what he thinks of it. I really should call him sometime, it's been ages... He has lots of projects going on now, I see!
Thanks for clearing that up. I’ll get a copy soon, then I’ll be able to make a good comparison.
“Aetheri” is my favourite part. But I already talked about my appreciation for that album in a mail once as you might remember.

I recently got a hold of both the Interfektor tapes. Would definitely be interesting to ever have the chance to hear those unreleased recordings…

Yes, of which some excellent material ! Different genres also. There are some Toil and Old Oak releases available already.
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 2 May - 1:30

The only problem with Black Sorcery and Lust is that it is about 9 minutes long... I suppose it'd make more sense to use the tracks as bonus to something else, or a very low-priced demo. No one should spend $5 on 9 minutes of music.

I remember liking Toil, I think I still have some of those recordings on CDr somewhere. I heard one Old Oak recording but don't remember it. I probably have all of that stuff in my "archives" somewhere... One Toil demo in particular, which he recorded as we were doing Soul Amputation, was great. Speaking in tones of nostalgia, I think that the best side-project Lurker and I did was Sangraal. It was recorded with the same equipment, same EQ settings, etc etc that we used on Soul Amputation, but more violent with me doing the vocals absolutely drunk. That one doesn't get enough attention/credit. I am still under oral contract with GoatowaRex for an EP for that project, actually. Hopefully this summer will be productive and full of inspiration. If not, I won't record/release anything. Would be pointless really.
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 2 May - 1:52

perosus wrote:
I suppose the only problem with Black Sorcery and Lust is that it is about 9 minutes long... I suppose it'd make more sense to use the tracks as bonus to something else, or a very low-priced demo. No one should spend $5 on 9 minutes of music.

I remember liking Toil, I think I still have some of those recordings on CDr somewhere. I heard one Old Oak recording but don't remember it. I probably have all of that stuff in my "archives" somewhere... One Toil demo in particular, which he recorded as we were doing Soul Amputation, was great. Speaking in tones of nostalgia, I think that the best side-project Lurker and I did was Sangraal. It was recorded with the same equipment, same EQ settings, etc etc that we used on Soul Amputation, but more violent with me doing the vocals absolutely drunk. That one doesn't get enough attention/credit. I am still under oral contract with GoatowaRex for an EP for that project, actually. Hopefully this summer will be productive and full of inspiration. If not, I won't record/release anything. Would be pointless really.
Understandable.

Do you by any chance mean there is unreleased Toil stuff ? I only know about 4 demo's, being:
Demo 1 (2002)
Empire Of Night (2003) (Damn, still haven't heard this one !)
Rites Of Abyssic Twilight (2004)
Plagued By Possession (2005) (Probably the best out of these..)

The debut album is also out on vinyl (Grievantee) and there will be a full demo-compilation CD.
I should take a better listen to Sangraal perhaps.
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyWed 2 May - 3:50

-- (already taken care of, no need to post)

Last edited by on Mon 7 May - 0:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyFri 11 May - 9:01

Noktu wrote:
Any Opinions ?

Links to reviews ?

http://www.blackmetalonline.com/vedi_recensione.php?rec_id=949

La storia del black metal è certo nota e stranota a tutti gli amanti del genere, tanto che sarebbe inutile, soprattutto in questa sede, cominciare una disquisizione in proposito. Ciò che mi interessa maggiormente mettere in evidenza è il fatto che, da quel primo nucleo scandinavo di gruppi che l'hanno generato, esso si sia evoluto diventando un genere la cui sensibilità e il cui spirito hanno conquistato gradualmente l'Europa intera. Negli ultimi anni, inoltre, la sempre maggior apertura del mercato ad occidente ha determinato un crescente interesse delle Americhe verso questo tipo di musica.

Eccoci, dunque, di fronte ai Vrolok e a questo nuovo album, il quinto full-length, che è davvero un lavoro che lascia attoniti. L'atmosfera cupa è magistralmente creata dal connubio degli accordi plumbei di chitarre e basso con la batteria acustica, che insieme intessono un tappeto di decadenza dissonante che ben soggiace alle scelte vocali del gruppo. Il crepuscolo del divino descritto nell'album procede inesorabilmente lungo un cammino di disperazione crescente fino a lasciar spazio al terrore nei confronti del vuoto e del niente che in esso si cela. Non c'è respiro, non c'è speranza. Le parti cadenzate generano aperture da brivido che intrecciano il loro percorso con accelerazioni improvvise e furiose, per poi tornare a distendersi in arpeggi oscuri, che ben sottolineano l'accrescersi dello smarrimento umano. I Vrolok non mancano di rifarsi alla tradizione: sono evidenti, in alcuni punti, i richiami a nomi illustri dell'estremo (è impossibile non pensare ai My Dying Bride all'incipit dell'ultima splendida "Void", nda) che si limitano ad essere echi lontani, senza mai assumere le sembianze dello spettro di una scarsa creatività.

La costante sperimentazione nei suoni, le brillanti soluzioni ritmiche che danno vita ad accenti e sincopi tecnicamente ineccepibili, sfiorando a tratti partiture che gettano le proprie radici nell'ambient e nel jazz più oscuri, rendono questo disco degno di somma attenzione. Ogni singolo aspetto è curato nei minimi dettagli, niente è lasciato al caso. Le dinamiche sono ricercate, mai banali e neppure ampollose, ricche di spiritualità e personalità artistica. Un ottimo disco a cui, per rendere giustizia, non bastano certo queste poche parole, che restano solo un misero tentativo di descrivere un opera complessa in ogni suo dettaglio, diretta ad una cerchia ristretta di ascoltatori, ma che non stenterà a trovare ulteriori adepti.

(9/10)
Back to top Go down
Noktu
Noktu

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptySat 12 May - 18:06

9/10 only ?

Translation welcome, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Kuratsu Naoko
sub-human

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptySun 13 May - 18:43

Brilliant work,without a doubt Vrolok's magnus opus, it shows once again that D is a well of creative force.

That's a good review, maybe I'll translate it to english if I find the time and I agree with the points given because this work again shows great potential and with that taken into consideration a perfect score could not be given. But words on a work like this are quite useless, this album must be experienced.

I have two questions for perosus:
How did your collaboration with Kristjan begin?
and is it true you're working on a project with Xardas, Set-Heru and others? (I excuse myself if this information was already posted on a myspace or zine, but I never vist any myspace sites and I don't read any zines...)
Back to top Go down
perosus
Soldier
perosus

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW EmptyTue 15 May - 0:19

Thanks for the words on Void.

Collaboration with Kristjan came because of a long-time admiration for his drumming. We've been in contact for about 3 years or so now. For as amazing as he did on Void, his drumming goes far, far beyond that. The band Momentum proves that.

I did a project called Death Hymen with Jhon from Black Seas of Infinity, and we might do another release sometime soon as well. The first is unfortunately sold out now.

I was working on a project with Xardas but haven't for a long while. We'll probaby start working on it again this summer.

Doing a collaboration with Zweizz (ex-Dodheimsgard, Fleurety) which I've been slowly picking away at.

Also doing a few things with Meldhkwis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW   VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW Empty

Back to top Go down

VROLOK - Void - OUT NOW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next