DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's playing now ?

Go down 
+38
GrafvonFeigur
vicenzino
Luziferion
Chernobog
SGR
haagenti
Longinus
rauta
WombOfChaos
Detest Records
Lusitanian Lynx
graven
VwH
dambras
Nuclear Holocausto
Clavdiomagno
lucho
Ebola
Dead Man
Ortungssignal
Haunting Chant
soldats inconnus
Morlthroz
Al'Ar
Ferreus
SPQR
Neve
Szatan
Scorn
Mr Nuke
LA FIN DU MONDE
Ordre et Maïs
vinhas
Pharaoh
iormungand t.
L´Autrichien
T R E N D K I L L
Noktu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2005-08-03

What's playing now ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Aug - 1:33

Nastrond Toteslaut
Back to top Go down
dambras
sub-human

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Aug - 1:54

Sathanas - "Armies Of Charon" One of my favorites.
Sezarbil - "Bleed For The Devil" I really liked this, as I saw them live this winter they didin left such a good impression as this album do.
Hour Of 13 - "S/T"
Allerseelen - "Edelweiss" something non-metal to refresh my ears, love them both in albums and on stage.
Gestapo 666 - "Nostalgiah" Still cant get enough of this.
Poccolus - "Promo '94" Something native

Last edited by dambras on Wed 20 Aug - 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Rang: Administrateur
Mr Nuke

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2005-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Aug - 1:59

Clavdiomagno wrote:
Mr Nuke wrote:
Now : TRANSMETAL , Desear un Funeral , a classical album of South-American Death-Thrash. I didn't heard the countless releases of the band, but this one's for sure worth of interest because of its catchy riffs and global effectiveness.

((((((((Transmetal is from Mexico, actually North America.))))))

-Zemial "In Monumentum" Great album!! a masterpiece!!!! Waiting the new opus!!

Eh, eh, my mistake ! I'd better have said Latin America to avoid confusion.

And this ZEMIAL album is totally great. I discovered some songs on stage and they were as impressive as the older ones. ZEMIAL must be one of the best bands around, yet only a few people care of them. They're totally old-school yet more original than 99% of nowadays 'old-school' bands.

And HOUR OF THE 13 ! I need this album desperately, but none of my usual distros has it in stock. I guess I'll have to buy a single CD from the USA before the Euro/USD rate changes again in favor of the latter or to a 1:1 rate. I really liked VESTAL CLARET demo (the one uploaded on mp3 by Philip Swanson) and their part on their split with ATLANTEAN CODEX so their new band must be something good. Did anyone here likes UPWARDS OF ENDTIME too ?
Back to top Go down
SPQR
Soldier
SPQR

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Aug - 19:45

dambras wrote:
Sezarbil - "Bleed For The Devil"

I agree with you. Not a bad band on album, but mediocre on stage (I've seen them a few years ago in Paris with Knacht and others...). Cool guys indeed.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Aug - 16:51

SPQR wrote:
dambras wrote:
Sezarbil - "Bleed For The Devil"

I agree with you. Not a bad band on album, but mediocre on stage (I've seen them a few years ago in Paris with Knacht and others...). Cool guys indeed.

In November 2001?
I do not remember them...
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Aug - 19:47

Wyzard - EP
Korrozia Metalla - Kannibal
Sabbrabells - Sailing On The Revenge
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Soldier

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Aug - 23:06

Hypothermia - Rakbladsvalsen DLP
Electric Wizard/Reverend Bizarre SplitLP
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger CD
Arkha Sva - Hell Above, Heaven Below Tape
Arkha Sva - Zeelum Aphalis Smitael Tape
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Aug - 23:09

Nuclear Holocausto wrote:
Sabbrabells - Sailing On The Revenge

That's a great underrated Japanese LP ! It's almost as good as their earlier releases, but since it's widely available all those collectors forget it. I really like this Japanese touch, with lots of a rocking vibe, a solid Metal base, and a serious touch of melody.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 1:04

Yeah, it's a great LP. Songs like Moon Struck ...just killer. The melodic vibes and "dramatic" vocals in japanese work fine. A bit Pop, yet still heavy.

I got the LP in mint with all extras for cheap from Rock Stakk, and the Rerelease CD from a japanese video game import shop together with Live!! and One Night Magic CDs, latter which I found to be a bit better than Sailing...all together for 20€ incl. shipping. I don't know if they're out of stock but they're worth buying, they have the big poster inserts the original LPs came with and look very nice with those obis and all. It was playasia.com if I remember correctly, I think it was a special offer for those CDs...check out if it's still valid, I think normal price is 15$ each (or like 25€ on amazon.com). The LP can be found at expensive prices on ebay too what I saw...around 100€ or more.

Also currently spinning is Bellzlleb s/t LP. Fantastic Doom Black Metal!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 1:09

Thanks for the tip ! 100€ for Sailing on the Revenge ??? Mine costed me around 15$ or so a few years ago. Live! on CD costed me 25€, and Dog Fight 45€ from pre-Rock Stakk (when most Western sellers sold it for 70€ or more, the prices are lower now) and I sill have to check One Night Magic.

EDIT : play asia even have a french translation, yeah !
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 1:16

Mr Nuke wrote:
Thanks for the tip ! 100€ for Sailing on the Revenge ??? Mine costed me around 15$ or so a few years ago. Live! on CD costed me 25€, and Dog Fight 45€ from pre-Rock Stakk (when most Western sellers sold it for 70€ or more, the prices are lower now) and I sill have to check One Night Magic.

Yes found that album and Dog Fight for 100€ or more on ebay, gemm, musicstack & various metal second hand shops few months ago. The prices exploded lately or I dont know what it is...

One Night Magic is a bit heavier than Sailing. I can upload for you but it's Sabbrabells greatness so you definately won't be dissapointed anyway I think. I need the LP Version of it...

The Live Album is the weakest thing they recorded in my opinion. It's still fairly good.
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 1:28

Fuck, I've seen it for lower prices... And well, I find eBay to be a better reference for prices than gemm and co that are always overpriced. Prices seem to have exploded lately on all rare records. It's consumerism that rules.

However, the Live! album is great because it's kinda naive yet energic too. Of course, the playing isn't exactly tight, but it has its kind of charm, just like the "dramatic" vocals.

And thanks for the uploading tip, but you guessed well : I'll buy this album eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 1:42

I disliked the live album a bit for those fake crowd noises, and the songs doesn't have the drive as on the studio recordings.

Play Asia drops the prices randomly sometimes. Maybe if wait you can get them 3 for the same price as I. I even didn't had to shell out extra money for customs
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 2:01

Yes, I'll do it a try ! I hope the MYSTIFIER box will be delayed, though ! Ha ha !

And well, now I'm listening for the 10th-million time to CRYSTAL PRIDE's Silverhawk single. The songs are just perfect. No useless note, pure epicness, powerful feminine voice, crushing guitars, awesome lyrics and melodies, perfectly fitting structures. Maybe one of the best singles in my collection and one of the best singles ever.

And, after this, SARCOFAGUS's Envoy of Death (on CD, of course). It's always great when you hear some words that make you guess that an album is great, but when you first listen to it, it's not only great, it greater than any expectation, and it's different than what you were expecting too.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 2:15

Oh, that darn Mystifier box will cost a fortune hehe. I might stick to the regular edition , sadly, cause I'm quite broken now.

Sarcofagus is a tough thing, strangely I still could not get into it.

I don't know Silverhawk unfortunately, but this description fits to the second ARC single. I love that single.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 2:30

Hakuja on myspace

Well, the one-man-band looks like a Japanese Celestia-worship at first (bad) impression.
Then I listen to the music and the riffs are great, melodic but catchy. The guitar sound is good, the bass is very present and melodic too, the drum machine has good sound and is well played. The vocals are ok, Burzumesque high-pitched screams. The problem IMO is that songs are too long, and too repetitive. I know it's cool to play a riff over and over when it's a good riff, but when you play it a bit too much it induces weariness.
I wouldn't listen to the entire album.

Arghoslent on myspace, 3 songs from Incorrigible Bigotry
HELP! What is this shit? Sounds like latest Dissection or another Swedish melodic death metal act with Bound for Glory influences! It's just horrible.
I actually listened to the track on the webradio from the last album, and it's a bit better. I say "a bit" because I still hear some gay meloswedish riffs.
In conlusion, I dont' see what's so extreme about this band, I could easily confuse it with mainstream Swedish death metal...
Back to top Go down
Mr Nuke
Mr Nuke

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 2:49

Silverhawk is somewhat different from this ARC single, less atmospheric yet eerie in a way, and less NWOBHM and more Euro-Metal sounding.

About ARGHOSLENT, well, it sounds more like EUCHARIST than IN FLAMES... And I don't see many differences in genre between this album and its predecessor, except than the last one is more Death-Metal sounding and less linear-sounding (i.e. each song is far more distinguishable from the others, when Incorrigible Bigotry was better taken as a whole IMO).

And comparing Hornets of the Pogrom to crap like later DISSECTION is a insult to their talent IMO.

I seriously guess you and persons that make this kind of comparison to listen to lots of real Heavy-Metal before making this kind of comment. ARGHOSLENT are far from ripping-off IRON MAIDEN's riffs like 99% of these Swedish bands did and do. Here ARGHOSLENT are no DISSECTION (even the old albums begin to be really boring with time passing), not even NIFELHEIM (their music is good but these guys would better get a real singer and play in a pure Heavy-Metal band IMO), but a great band like were EUCHARIST or MORDICUS.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Aug - 3:07

I didn't listen to Hornets of the Pogrom. I just tried to make an opinion on Arghoslent, and all I can say is that I hate this type of metal. I only judge the music and I dislike it.

About Dissection, I love the demo-era. This is what I call "old-school DM". The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane are less good, because norsecore dark riffs are ruined by heavy metal riffs. I can hardly listen to an entire song.
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug - 7:29

Craft on myspace

Well, this is the typical poser band which is ruining the BM scene and turning it into a clown show. In fact, "poser" is the most appropriate term. Craft have all formal aspects of BM: evil corpsepainted pics, evil frightening lyrics (btw, I seldom read such idiocy, even in nigger rap music), evil sounding riffs, evil killer sound, evil killer voice... But it sounds superficial. Musicianship is skillful, production is professional, the sound is great but that's all. The songs are uninteresting. It sounds like a Darkthrone copycat played by mainstream metalheads and recorded in a mainstream studio. Craft don't copy only Transilvanian Hunger, they also imitate typical breaks from Ablaze in the Northern Sky. Plus they play some slow passages, using the same formula: same evil tone intervals on the rythm guitar, same evil notes on the solo guitar. The funniest is the lyrics, which seem written by an angry teenager.
This is a joke band, a bunch of clowns. We already knew that Swedish bands were copycats, but at least a band like Armagedda (pretty similar, stupid lyrics as well) is listenable and enjoyable. Craft only manage to ridicule the genre by repeating clichés with the subtlety of a cow.

PS: I have an idea for posers like Craft. They should be enslaved and condemned to work as session musicians for talented, creative and innovative artists for free. It's all these morons can be good for.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug - 19:36

Well yeah, poser poser poserposer. The first two albums and the demo are great
Back to top Go down
Ortungssignal
Kommander
Ortungssignal

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug - 20:22

poseR vous.)))
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug - 23:50

vous my rear end
Back to top Go down
L´Autrichien
Drakkar Gestapo
L´Autrichien

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Aug - 10:11

Loits - Vere Kutse Kohustab
The Axis Of Perdition - Deleted Scenes from the Transition Hospital
Gaahlskagg - Erotic Funeral
Clandestine Blaze - Deliverers Of Faith
Antaeus - CYFAWS
Axis Of Advance - The List
Vital Remains - Icons Of Evil
Back to top Go down
Nuclear Holocausto
Drakkar Gestapo
Nuclear Holocausto

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Aug - 21:13

Aion - Deathrash Bound
Bellzlleb - Bellzlleb
Sabbat - Sabbatical Rites
Törr - Armageddon
Törr - Institut Klinicke Smrti
Root - Zjeveni
Back to top Go down
Szatan
Dictator
Szatan

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Aug - 23:33

Nuclear Holocausto wrote:
Well yeah, poser poser poserposer. The first two albums and the demo are great

I only heard the 3 tracks on myspace, and it was enough to make an opinion.
You're free to listen to false bands, as black as they may sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's playing now ?   What's playing now ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's playing now ?
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DRAKKAR PRODUCTIONS :: General Forum :: International topics-
Jump to: